Sunday 18 March 2012

To jacket or not to jacket?

I love jackets. I mean I love to see others wear them but I haven't yet found a way to wear them myself in a way that doesn't look formal. This red jacket is quite playful to start with because who would wear a red jacket to look formal , right? Plus I put my denim shirt on and my floral skirt both not formal at all. Now the thing is do I look anything like well dressed at all? Please I need your feedback and suggestions.

skirt thrifted and altered (it was a dress)  jacket thrifted  denim shirt berska  necklace diy
This week I put my crochet skills into good use and came up with this necklace. I crocheted the base and sewed some old beads on . What do you think?



This is how I've worn this skirt the last 12 months. I accidently found it in a chinese market and it was a halterneck dress which I altered into this skirt.




4 comments:

  1. I am not a big jacket person either, Angie, but I think you did a good job of making this jacket more casual. It's a wonderful shape and color for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a total jacket junkie and I think you did a great job of making this into a fab outfit. One thing I do to make it more casual is to wear the jacket open. When jackets are closed, they seem more formal than when open.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like jackets and I think this one looks just fine with the skirt and the denim. I am impressed with the new necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way you style it, not too formal but put-together. I always am impressed by your sense of colour!

    The necklace is a lovely idea - inspires copying - but how do you close it in the back?

    ReplyDelete