Saturday 10 November 2012

A great new adventure


Fashion me blog started as a blog primarily on clothes and has been a great outlet for my creativity since then. However , without me planning it , a brand new section has been added to my blog and that's about crochet.
I suspect that what happens in my country , Greece, has forced me to find a new creative way to keep sane and to celebrate my passion for life.


Everyday life has to go on , the kids have to be kissed goodnight and the laundry has to be done , no matter how terrible the situation is. Even more now my house must be a refuge away of it all . I have this urge to decorate and make beautiful every little corner of my house . I want , in a pressing way , to close the door of my house and leave everything behind. Suddenly relaxing in my house has become of great value. Simple things like electricity , the smell of food cooking , a warm house are not there for many of my fellow citizens. 


I only have words of gratitude that my family is safe for the moment .Crochet helps me a great deal because its repetitive moves sort of put me into trance and keep my mind empty or other times I get flooded with inspiration of great projects or ways I want my life to go.


Browsing through lovely crochet blogs on the internet I realised there are zillions of projects of crochet about clothes and accessories and I'm also becoming fascinating about knitting . And there seems to be no end about what  I can make. So I better go crochet for a while and I will keep you posted soon about my adventures. 

What I wore today??? Well , riding skinny pants , riding boots and my favorite scatf , pearl earrings and my Cartier like watch and yes, my nails are painted red... but you've seen me in these clothes many times before so you won't miss the photo.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like crocheting is creative and therapeutic for you - how great! And it is nice to be in a fashionable "uniform" that looks good without fuss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true that economic hard times make you value what you have, and your home, your family, food, warmth, security - these things are not to be taken for granted. And the crochet is a great way to celebrate your creativity. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you about electricity!
    Ours goes out with the first gust of wind. You don't appreciate it until you don't have it.

    I'm not very good with needlework. However, I have a large collection of spraypaint and can turn something ugly into something fresh in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done with the knitting and crochet I will look forward to seeing what you make.
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your plan to make you home a place of refuge is awesome! My home is my sanctuary.
    Your crochet pieces are beautiful. Praying for better times for you and your countrymen.

    ReplyDelete