Wednesday 14 November 2012

My first granny square ever


Today feels like a very special day for me because I made my first granny square ever. Something deep inside tells me it is the first one of a large number of granny squares that I will make.
For those of you who have been visiting my blog for a while you know how much I longed for a creative outlet and you understand how greatful I am I found one in the shape of crochet.

It's not an exageration to say that it can even make all the difference between going crazy and keep my posititive outlook for life.
But what is amazing and gives me hope is that many others I know are taking up crochet or knitting I suppose for the same reasons I do.
In my home town many speed course groups for crochet /knitting/sewing are formed and already in my school we are 3 teachers proudly presenting each other our production.



 I may be over positive or wrong but I think that people who have been desperate and have lost hope they slowly make small steps to change their attitude and how they feel even if it is with crochet. It's sort of babysteps for a whole nation to find ways to go out of this crisis. Who knew crochet can even be a political action.


 As the day progresses I make more and more squares and I'm amazed at how quickly they go and how happy I get when I finish one.


 The kitchen table looks like this and I find this photo so symbolic of how technology and tradition when combined in a good way can change peoples lives for the best.If it wasn't for the web which is a great resource of tutorials and inspiration I wouln't have loved crochet so much.


At this point I have to give credits to mickeyssmail for the great tutorial I used to make my first granny square. I wish you all a great rest of the week and make sure to get involved in something creative ....just to keep sane in these crazy times.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have it down...you go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to learn how to do that. I wish I can make a booties for my baby. :)

    wholesale coogi

    ReplyDelete