Friday 16 December 2011

Forgotten skills


What you see here is how a small addition can give new life to an outfit . I've already remixed all the parts of the outfit many times and I wanted a little lift. So I grabbed a piece of ribbon and added it to the necklace.
It's not rocket science it's just that lately I see so many jewelery or clothes that are sold and I think that I can make those myself.
I also think that there was a time , not long ago, that women made practically everything in their homes like food ,sweets ,clothes, carpets, embroidery, marmalades ,grew vegetables, fed and then killed and cooked little chickens or rabbits or pigs...... I know I take it too far but where did all these skills go? We buy practically everything and there is litlle space for us to be creative.
These were my thoughts while I put the ribbon on my necklace. Please share yours.
P.S Don't forget to check Visible Monday post over at Patty's. You will see many beautiful bloggers and read their thoughts.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely necklace Angie. Yes, we used to make so many things at home - I know my grandmother would be horrified if she us using bottled spaghetti sauce today! Thanks so much for linking up to Visible Monday : >

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the beads such a pretty touch. I found you from Not Dead Yet style. I hope you'll take a moment and share your fashion over on Momtrends we host a Monday Mingle http://www.momtrends.com/2011/12/new-years-fashion-ideas/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right! That ribbon really did make a big difference and it added some drama to your outfit! Hugs to you! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I'm already thinking of picking up a ribbon or two -- or do I have one tucked in a drawer somewhere, just waiting to be remixed. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to do a lot of needlework and hope to do so again someday. It was a skill that every young woman had to have at one point in our history.
    I love to make jewelry, but just don't seem to get it done here lately. I should as it is an excellent way to change an outfit. You did a wonderful job with adding the ribbon. It really changes the look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I was better with making things...anything. I have never had any real success...but I have tried! This is a nice touch to your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from Monday Mingle. Amazing how that little checkered ribbon makes such a cute difference. Great way to add charm to your outfit.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete