Monday 12 December 2011

Refashion sweater & necklace

When it comes to comfort ,jeans and a sweater is my top on the list . but how can I make an outfit like this seem a little more boring? That was the question on my mind today so I looked for inspiration on my files . And this is what I came up with.
I layered my sweater over a long black t shirt and I put on my favorite black necklace. By the way ,there is a story behind this sweater. My mum gave it to my husband last winter but he decided it wasn't his style. So, here I was with a men's sweater that was way too big for me. So, what can a smart smart girl do? Refashion it.
It took me an hour of trial and error on my sewing machine to make it tight to fit my body. 
The end result you see it here and I'm glad I gave life to an otherwise throw away sweater. Have you ever tried to refashion something? Was the end result to your liking?
Visit Patti's Visible Monday series for more beautiful everyday outfits. It's inspiring to see how other women dress for everyday!

5 comments:

  1. I love the way you customized the sweater for your shape, Angie - now it looks like it was made for you. You look great, and thanks so much for linking up with Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute look...I love a sweater with a long necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not handy with the sewing machine, but I have been known to wear my boyfriend's dryer-shrunken sweaters around the house. There's nothing cozier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job on the sweater! Looks wonderful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the sweater looks great! I never would have guessed it was a mens sweater. And I love the long necklace with it.

    ReplyDelete