Friday 22 October 2010

Do you feel that dressing good is like a brain surgery?

When it comes to my wardrobe philosophy I beleive that dressing good is not as difficult as brain surgery.But it helps tremendously  to know the... tools of the trade.I am not a stylist or a style prodigy but by trial and error it dawned on me that I basicaly rotate more or less the same ...tools
  • Bottoms (a lot)
  • Tops (even more)
  • Dresses
That's all if you come to think of it.It's not a brain surgery. Again my own thoughts But if this osmosis thing is real probably other women around the world  think the same way. (If you do please let me know). Back on track now.
Bottoms can basically be divided in skirts or trousers. There are of course hundreds of lenghts or styles or fabrics but when it comes to it , it's one or the other.
Then come the tops.
Roughly I divide mine in
  • Inner layer tops(tank tops,t shirts, camisoles,blouses,shirts,...the thin stuff ...)
  • middle layer tops(cardis,sweaters...)
  • outer layer tops(jackets,coats blazers...)
Again , in a variety of colours , fabrics and styles.
Then god created the dresses. They are divine inspiration made for the female body.

When I had my planets( clothes) in order I only needed my sattelites or little stars to embelish my little universe. It was the next big realization.
According to me this is what qualifies as sattelites.
  • Jewellery
  • Scarves
  • Belts
  • Gloves
  • Tights
  • Shoes
  • Hats
  • Bags
Every universe has its black hole. Mine is underwear section (yet to find the wonder...bra)

That's about it please fill in the gaps and tell me what you think of my oversimplified theory.
What is your wardrobe philosophy?

1 comment:

  1. Hmm - I don't know if I have one - I buy what I need to fill in gaps at the time. For example, right now I am looking for a good fur vest and pair of oxfords to add to my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete