Saturday 9 October 2010

Vintage vs. Reality.



I wore this dress today to go to the super market like my mother did when she wore the exact same dress 30 years ago. I clearly remember her wearing this dress and I longed to have it for myself and wear it.
It was too big for me then but fits nicely now.
It was easy to style it,too,the way dresses are. I wore a turtleneck and I belted it then added my favourite bracelet ,a ring and my boots.
Do you wear family vintage garments and what kind of memories do they evoke?
Have a nice weekend ,everyone.

1 comment:

  1. First off, thanks for your sweet comments on my blog! Second...oh, I wish I could wear family vintage garments! My mom is smaller than me, and in the 1960s and 70s was VERY smaller than me. Particularly in the bust. I got my great big chest from my dad's side of the family (who didn't really save their clothes). My sister (http://lalalaclothes.blogspot.com/) is lucky enough to be roughly the same size, so she wears tons of my mom's old stuff!

    ReplyDelete