Sunday 1 January 2012

Last chance to Christmas

Although I'm a bit late , here is my take on Christmas colors in a not at all Christmas-y outfit ...or so I like to think.

black cardi marks &spencer-tartan top given by mom-skirt thrifted &shortened -obi belt made by me- boots old very old.
Now , if you take a closer look at my obi belt you can see surfers and hawaian tropic scenery whichh make my outfit even summery but not Christmas-y!



See how the colors of the bracelet match the obi belt but the overall effect is not matchy matchy. I don't know how I did it but I'm into something here.

This is a special close up of my neck er...necklace I mean . Fake black perls that do the trick for the moment.

P.S For those that you are interested in making an obi belt the easy way check this bad lit tutorial  I made. Just wach and you will get the idea. it's not brain surgery, I assure you.

4 comments:

  1. I like this look - very creative and colorful! Come on over and post it at Visible Monday, if you have a chance : >

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have long insisted that Hawaiian touches are EXACTLY what our Christmases are missing! Excellent. By the way, I gave you a blog award. You can see the details on my latest post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous bracelet. I had made a Christmas obi too, but decided I didn't like it with the dress I made it for--because it wasn't matchy matchy. I think I need to unlearn the matching business!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your obi. I have been meaning to try to make one of these belts. Your lovely belt has inspired me! I love the bracelet too. Great outfit.

    ReplyDelete