Friday 2 May 2014

A balance between old and new stuff in my closet

Ηow would you feel if someone had crocheted a sawl for you when you were a kid (around 10)but you still enjoy wearing it? Is it pathetic to still wear something you had as a child or does that make it special like a heirloom?
Athough, I like to get myself something new often (I'm a thrift queen) I like even more to remix what I already have. I find it very frustrating that some top bloggers wear new things in every post they buy in retail prices.
On the contrary, I find it very soothing to watch other bloggers repeat their clothes in different combinations and frequently add something new usually thrifted but not always.
Where do you stand on this? What attitude do you prefer or even better what's yours?
Denim dress worn as skirt Sprider stores *plaid shirt H&M one of my favorite remix pieces*sawl crocheted by my godmother for me *belt fullah sugah *necklace stradivarious bag blog accessories

post signature

8 comments:

  1. I love that you're still wearing this special shawl that you received when you were younger. Very nice purse too. Love the color.
    I like to look at all kinds of blogs, but I do marvel at the high end ones and wonder how they could spend that much money on those expensive clothes (and they have a LOT of them). But maybe to them and their budget it's nothing. So to each their own. I prefer thrifting for myself and sometimes finding those high end pieces at ridiculously low prices. That's part of the fun of it for me. Have a great weekend, Kelly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it a great feeling to find high end pieces in low prices? It's like treasure hunt for me,too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great, I love your shawl! Here we call that style a poncho. I love my thrift shop clothes and most of my wardrobe comes from second hand sources. Since I am new to blogging and sharing my outfits I haven't repeated much on the blog yet but I certainly do wear the same things often. It's great to see other people do the same because there are different ways to style the same pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Υou are right. Poncho is the word. Different ways to style the same pieces is what interests me the most. And I love to see how people do it.

      Delete
  4. I always enjoy the treasure hunt too. And if I had a hand-crocheted scarf from 40+ years ago, I think I would treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you love your treasure hunting and you are skilled at discovering great pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you wear your grandma's love around your shoulders. Isn't it amazing how the things we make have such a long lifespan, sometimes even out lasting the creator. You look gorgeous and springlike in your garden, and the poncho looks perfectly OK with your styling, bringing it into the modern day. Not like you are wearing a little girl's clothes! I too love secondhand shopping, and have had to put a stop to a lot of my shopping due to closet space restrictions. If I really have to have a piece I try to give away one piece I already have. (although last time I gave it to my son, so not sure that really counts...it just moved wardrobes!) Jazz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your warm comment! This outlasting the creator part brought tears to my eyes!

      Delete